Psalms 139


Psalms 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

February 9, 2022

 Happy Wednesday! I am so grateful to be back blogging and hope you take the time to read my blogs. Life with 6 kids keeps me busy and I always try to find time blogging, but you know...life happens and I forget. 

But, I've received so many questions the past few days about how I meal plan and prep food for my large family. I've also received a few request to film a day in the life video...which may happen soon. But, for now I figured I can return to the blog world with a post about my recent Costco grocery haul. I should preface this with saying...I am not an expert on meal planning or meal prepping. Martin and I budget for groceries and I plan a week ahead of what I want to cook for breakfast, pack in the kids school lunch boxes and then plan dinner for five nights a week. We do tend to eat out on either Friday nights or Saturday nights and I always try to cook a meal on Sundays. It's just something about a good home cooked Sunday dinner, that makes me reminisce about my childhood. My mother and grandmother would make delicious pot roast or fried chicken with all the savory sides and we would sit around the table chatting about church and making memories. 


I love grocery shopping at Costco and aim to visit there once a week. For a large family, buying in bulk really allows us to get more food for a cheaper price. We always buy toilet paper, milk, eggs and fresh fruit each week from Costco. Yes, we do buy toilet paper that often and no we do not hoard it. However with five bathrooms in this house, toilet paper is always needed.  

Anyway, I had to take Jude to speech therapy the other day and since his therapist office is around the corner from Costco, I decided to pop in and get my weekly groceries. I do not use the Instacart delivery service for Costco, for numerous reasons. But,  primarily it's because the unit price of each item is too costly. 


Jude is enjoying a cake pop, while riding around in the cart. He's such a big boy who loves to help.


My list for this week included snacks for the kids lunches, breakfast items, chips for the upcoming Super Bowl game and the staples. All my kids love going to Costco because they always end up with a few items that were not on my list. Isabella recently saw on an IG influencer page these delicious Bacon wrapped jalapeno appetizers, so she asked me to pick up some for her to try.


I also picked up Organic Chocolate Milk for the kids, since four out of six love chocolate milk and I don't buy it often, I figured this would be a nice treat for them. Also, I bought these new breakfast sandwiches! I love the bacon and egg/gouda sandwiches from Starbucks, so I had to try them and knew they would be perfect for our breakfast before school/work or as a yummy after school snack.






I did buy healthy items during my grocery excursion. I just forgot to take pictures of those. But, I did get vegetables such as organic broccoli, green beans, carrots, cucumbers and salad mix. We love the rotisserie chicken at Costco but my kids are starting to get gauged out on that. However, I did buy these yummy chicken drumsticks to throw into the airfryer for dinner. I'll pair this with a salad, vegetable and sweet potatoes. Yummy!


It took me about an hour to grab all the items off my list, and Jude and I were hungry. A Costco trip isn't complete unless Jude stops at the food court. We shared a slice of cheese pizza and then it was off to home to unload the items before heading to get the elementary kids from school.


When we arrived home, Isabella was already home from school and was able to unload most of the grocery items for us. But I did remember, halfway through unloading ,to snap a picture of some of the items we purchased. 




I hope you enjoyed this blog post and can't wait to show you my Trader Joe's haul next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment