Psalms 139


Psalms 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

February 19, 2020

Valentine's Day 2020

Hi friends, I hope everyone had a great Valentine's weekend and was able to celebrate with those you love. I truthfully love this holiday and have always claimed it as my second favorite holiday. I know.. its probably hard to imagine that someone loves Valentine's day more than Thanksgiving or Easter. But yep, that's me, I guess I'm a true romantic at heart. I love the color red, love what Valentine's day is all about, and love showing others how much I love them. I also love that my husband has always made this day special for me and now we both make it special for the kids.


Each Valentine's day, Martin buys the kids red heart balloons and I buy them a few presents. The kids open their presents before going to school and look forward to this tradition. 
Usually the presents are books, crafts, toys and candy. Thank goodness for Amazon prime, I was able to buy a few things for each child on there. I bought this book for Jacob and with some fun stickers and candy, and Jude loves Karen Katz flip books so he received that, as well as some candy and stickers. The girls also received fun gifts from us such as an iphone case, a braceletpress on nails and avocado iphone case. The girls love Fannie May chocolate, but I wasn't able to make it to our neighboorhood store to get some chocolates for them, so I added heart shaped chocolates to my Walmart grocery list and gave that to them instead. I thought this would be a good alternative, but the girls didn't think so, and were disgusted by the bland taste of the chocolate. #momfail

After opening their presents, they get dressed and then I make them heart shaped waffles or pancakes or eggs. This year it was waffles with bacon and they all devoured it. 

I love that Martin and I take a yearly Valentine's Day picture. I love this man so much and am so grateful for him. 

It was a snowy and cold (high of 10 degrees)Valentine's day, so the girls headed to school ready for the day in red or Valentine's day apparel and in snow boots. Gotta love Midwestern winters. 


Since Valentine's day fell on a Friday and we wanted to take the kid out to pizza dinner to celebrate. But, Bella had a dance competition 40 minutes away that weekend,(I'll be blogging about that this week) so we decided to order pizza in, make cookies and watch Disney channel Zombies 2 movie. It was a perfect evening on a cold night and I was so happy that we were able to celebrate it as a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment